Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thailand



Our last stop in Southeast Asia was Bangkok Thailand, a place I will never forget. It is constantly crowded and hot and noisy. Every inch of every sidewalk is taken up with people selling things, people walking, or homeless and handicapped people sitting and begging. Wherever we went, food was all around. The most common I saw were these stands with balls of different types of meat on skewers that people would buy and have drizzled in some sort of sauce. I was too nervous to eat an unidentified piece of meat from the side of the road, so I never found out what it tasted like, although I did try a roasted banana on a stick from one of these street vendors. The banana was salty on the outside but other than that was just like a warm banana. Not the best food I've had.

No comments: