Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Food Affair Begins

I've been thinking about starting a food blog for a long time now, but the last couple of weeks I have tried so many good new recipes I just can't hold back any longer. I'm really excited about this new adventure. I have so much to share!

I'll probably do some backlog for a while. I'd like to write some about my trip to Southeast Asia (which was in March of 2007) because the food was so amazing. And maybe even my trip to Iceland in October of 2006. And of course all the awesome recipes I've tried lately.

A bit about me - I am a personal chef in Chandler, AZ (www.afoodaffair.net) where I have lived off and on the last 3 years or so. I have a wonderful husband, Dan, and two of the best dogs in the world, Panther and Ripley. I love to cook more than pretty much anything else, but I love it even more when I can make people happy with my food. After reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver (www.animalvegetablemiracle.com) early this year, my philosophy of food changed quite a bit. I am now a firm believer in using local, organic, sustainable products whenever possible (which makes my life as a personal chef quite a bit more difficult!) and I am also interested in preserving traditional (slow) recipes and food as well as the produce variety that is disappearing too quickly.

Well, that's about it for now. Keep reading, try some of my recipes, and have fun eating!

2 comments:

David said...

I like your blog! I look forward to being your guinea pig.

Anonymous said...

I too, am a food enthusiast and am looking forward to trying some of your recipes..Arlene