Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Breakfast Frittata

I rarely go a day without eating breakfast. It’s my favorite meal, a good time to sip some coffee and munch on good food – wake up a little and get ready for the day. Since I left my job last month (in preparation for our upcoming move to Taipei) I’ve had a lot more time to experiment. Omelettes, French toast, and home-made granola have all graced my breakfast table.

Last week I was on a frittata kick. They are so easy and so versatile! Combine almost any ingredients and top them with some eggs mixed with half and half and in just a few minutes you’ve got a wonderfully satisfying breakfast.




Ham and Vegetable Frittata


½ cup ham, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
½ medium bell pepper, diced
½ medium onion, diced
4 eggs
½ cup half & half
salt and pepper
olive oil


Saute vegetables and ham in a little olive oil until heated through. It’s important to cook the tomatoes enough that most of the liquid is gone.




Mix the eggs, half & half, and salt and pepper together and pour over the vegetables.


Place in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Sprinkle a little cheese on top right before pulling it out of the oven if desired.


No comments: