Friday, November 11, 2011

Food Truck Friday - The Best Doughnut I Ever Ate

One of the most exciting things about my new hometown of Austin are the food trucks. There is a constant stream of new trucks and new dishes to taste and my husband and I try to get out pretty regularly to prowl the streets for great food.

Because food trucks are such a prominent part of my new life here I've decided to institute Food Truck Friday so I can show off some of this delicious food. I want to make this a participatory event, so get ready to hunt down some food trucks and do some blogging!

If you want me to add your food truck post to my Food Truck Friday roundup, just send me an email with your name, the name of your blog, and blog url, along with the url of your post on food trucks. I'll put my post together on Friday at noon central time, so make sure to post your blog sometime before that and send me your information!
The Flying Pig Doughnut - Gourdoughs Food Truck Austin, TX


This week I'm going to start with one of the best things I've ever had, not just from a food truck, but ever. The Flying Pig Doughnut from Gourdoughs food truck on South Lamar in Austin is hands down the best doughnut I've ever had. The dough is light and fluffy with a crispy outer edge that soaks up the creamy maple glaze. It's like a pillow of sugar which is perfectly balanced by salty strips of bacon on top. Anyone who reads this blog knows I have a passion for pig, and I think putting bacon on a doughnut is one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen.

Gourdoughs has a lot of other doughy treats on the menu, and I suspect I'll get around to trying them all at some point. Mother Clucker looks like another fun one with fried chicken and honey butter. I also like the fact that this truck has a semi-permanent location. I always know where to find them and when they'll be open. Perfect when I get that late night craving for bacony deliciousness.

What is the best doughnut you've ever had? Do you have a food truck experience you'd like to share? Please leave a comment - I'd love to know more!

1 comment:

Dreams Explanation said...

nice post thanks for update