Sunday, May 16, 2010

Moroccan Chicken and a Move

I'm finally posting again! I know I should have posted these pictures a while ago – I think I made this dinner sometime in April - but I’ve been totally consumed with our move to Taipei. It’s getting closer and closer! We get on a plane tomorrow afternoon and begin our new adventure.

But on to the chicken!
 
 Moroccan Chicken with Saffron Rice, Grilled Vegetables, and Tahini Yogurt

 The Moroccan spice rub was excellent, but the real star was the tahini yogurt sauce.  It was the perfect mix of creamy and tangy to balance the chicken.


Moroccan Spice Rub Recipe 

2 tsp whole cardamom
1 tsp whole cloves
2 dried red chilies
2 tsp whole coriander
 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp turmeric

Grind all whole spices and mix with ground spices.  This recipe doesn't contain any salt so make sure to salt the meat too!  I use this as a rub and like to put it on about an hour before I cook the meat.  Then I just throw it on the grill and it's good to go!

Tahini Yogurt Sauce

1/4 c. plain yogurt (Greek yogurt works best)
1/4 c. tahini 
juice of 1/2 lemon
pinch of salt, pepper, cumin
1 clove fresh garlic minced

Mix all together and let sit at least 1 hour before serving

1 comment:

Chef Dennis Littley said...

the chicken looks delicious!! abd the yogurt sauce is the perfect compliment to the spices!1
thanks for sharing!
Dennis